Meditations on Psalm 23:
Lord, you are my guidance, providing the way for every step I need to take. You are my provider, giving me all I need to be exactly who you created me to be. You are my care-giver, sharing the encouragement, love, and care I need to walk confidently in Your name.
THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD
You will satisfy me. I will be so full of Your joy and presence that there will be nothing else. I am satisfied HERE in this place.
I SHALL NOT WANT
You give me rest and ask that I rest in the knowledge of who You are and in the comfort of Your presence here with me.
HE MAKES ME LIE DOWN
In my rest in You, I find complete peace, total fulfillment, and utter joy. I find a newness and freshness for life.
IN GREEN PASTURES
You guide me to the place where I can no longer strive but thrive, where I can be at peace. You take me to the place where I need only You.
HE LEADS ME BESIDE THE STILL WATERS
And then you begin to clean the mess of me. You recreate me. You redeem me. You bring beauty back into Your expression through me. You refill me in my deepest places. Instead of dirt hidden underneath, something beautiful is happening deep within me.
HE RESTORES MY SOUL
You show me not only the best and wisest path but the one You have deemed right for me. And you ask me to walk in it, holy.
HE LEADS ME IN THE PATHS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
You are taking me to places I don't necessarily understand but where your glory will be maximized. It is what you desire for your glory.
FOR HIS NAME'S SAKE
And, as I follow, I have to nothing to fear, nothing to dread, nothing to worry about...despite the difficulty, pain, or hardship that may come. Despite the low moments I may endure. I have absolutely nothing to fear.
YEA, THOUGH I WALK THROUGH THE VALLEY OF THE SHADOW OF DEATH,
I WILL FEAR NO EVIL
I do this because I am at the center of YOU. There is no fear here. There are no questions. I am with You and You are with me.
FOR YOU ARE WITH ME
Your voice of guidance and your voice of conviction are a comfort to me. Your discipline is welcomed here, because I want to be here with You.
YOUR ROD AND STAFF COMFORT ME
You will and are giving me exactly what I need but You are also fulfilling my greatest desires and MORE because my desires have been aligned with Yours. Everyone who questioned me is now watching you provide.
YOU PREPARE A TABLE FOR ME IN THE PRESENCE OF MY ENEMIES
You are blessing me beyond measure, far beyond what I deserve...not because of who I am but because of who You are.
YOU ANOINT MY HEAD WITH OIL
I have more now than I ever needed. I am satisfied and filled.
MY CUP RUNNETH OVER
Your great gifts of kindness and grace will follow me as I follow You.
GOODNESS AND MERCY WILL FOLLOW ME
Every day of my life that I choose to walk in Your steps, I can count on these Truths.
ALL THE DAYS OF MY LIFE
I will abide, reside, and stay in the center of You forever.
I WILL DWELL IN THE HOUSE OF THE LORD FOREVER.
No comments:
Post a Comment