Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Behind, Before, & Upon

Meditations on Psalm 139:5:

"You have hedged me behind and before and laid Your hand upon me."

God has been BEHIND me.  He has been a part of my past and instrumental in how my "before" has led me to today, even before I could see it.

God is BEFORE me.  He alone knows what my future holds and why.  He alone can prepare me and lead me there.

And, RIGHT NOW, His hand is on me.  He is behind and before but He is also RIGHT HERE, holding me, anointing me, leading me, comforting me.  With His presence, His hand.

God, it is rare for me to stop and meditate on what you have done in my heart behind me - how you have shaped my heart to where I am today.  It is arrogant for me to think I have been here always or, even worse, arrived on my own.  Remind me that You have been doing a work in my heart and You alone have changed me.  You have been with me.  Thank You.  

I also get so focused on worry or fear of the future but thank you for the promise that You are already there; You are before me.  In my future destinations, you await me, making the preparations and gently calling my heart one piece at a time.  I forget you are already there.  No need to worry.  

Most of all, God, I forget You are with me today.  Your hand is on me NOW.  You aren't waiting for the future or reminiscing of the better days in the past.  Your hand is on me now...in Your love...in Your Truth...in Your grace...in Your guidance.  You are with me HERE now.  And that is what matters.  You will remind me of your blessings and take my hand to walk into the future.  But, right now...You are with me.  Thank You, Jesus.  I will walk today with Your presence as my reality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment