Friday, July 24, 2009

the enemy's compliments

I told someone today to be encouraged because Satan was giving them a compliment. Although the Enemy's favor is not at all what we seek, I figured out today that we can use the Enemy's actions to evaluate our own lives.

The times I have been the most satisfied, content, happy-about-life-just-the-way-it-is, I have really been living for no one but myself and find myself unbothered by the Enemy. In fact, the only thing that keeps me from continuing this lifestyle is my own yearning for something more and eventual disenchantment of self-serving manipulations.

However, when we run hard after the Lord - when we make a conscious choice to seek His face and live in His ways, the Enemy notices. The Enemy attacks. An attack on a sincere faith that is MOVING and GROWING and BECOMING...what a compliment.

When I really need to start worrying is when I am not being attacked at all. Is my faith not worth an arrow from the Enemy? Is it not dangerous enough to the world around me? Is it not leaving a big enough dent to demand a moment of Satan's time? Am I wasting my breath, my life?

Not all of our struggles are attacks. Granted, we bring many struggles upon ourselves with our human sin and selfish choices. However, what is to explain the opposition, discouragement, and terrors we so often face as soon as we decide to jump off the cliff...trust wholeheartedly...live daringly...for Christ.

The more dangerous we become to the kingdom of evil, the more attention the enemy must give us...and he will use ANYTHING to get a grip on us. He wants a little pocket in our lives so he can control one little area, and eventually even more of our life and actions.

Thus the importance of focusing on the power and strength we find in Christ alone. Christ alone can defeat the strongholds Satan constructs in our life. Christ alone can shatter the fear we live with of our old sin or and temptations surrounding us. Chrsit alone can let us walk in freedom into the abundant life He meant for each one of us.

Christ alone can help us survive Satan's most sincere compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment